Heart Jewel Centre Thursday Evenings
Thursdays 7.30 - 9pm
Thurs 18th April - 23rd May - 6 Weeks
Modern Buddhism - solutions to modern living?
- Introduction to the 4 Noble Truths - learn how Buddhism can solve human problems
- Is this life all there is? - how can Buddhas teaching on rebirth make our life meaningful?
- Freedom from the Past - look into the mirror that shows us what to abandon and what to practice.
- The Supreme Good Heart - all the happiness in this world arises from wishing others to be happy and to free them permanently from suffering.
- The Lightness of Being - All our problems stem from a faulty way of viewing things. Learn to keep a light and flexible mind when faced with difficulties by having a profound view that sees the way things as they really are free from distortion.
- The Preciousness of Tantra - a special method to purify our world. It is a common mistake to believe that we have to forsake our enjoyments to follow a spiritual path. Learn about techniques to transform our enjoyments into powerful and meaningful experiences.
Thurs 6th June - 11th July - 6 weeks
Skills for a Happy Life - make the mind feel good and help others at the same time
In this series of classes we will look at different skills or qualities that are essential for our happiness and well being.
- Mental and Physical Suppleness - the benefit of mindfulness and virtuous concentration
- Non-hatred - love is the opposite to anger and can never cause us problems
- Non-harmfulness - how to cultivate compassion
- Conscientiousness - keep the mind pure and harnessed to virtuous objects
- Pure Faith - the root of all virtuous qualities
- Sense of shame and consideration for others - the basis for being a good person
Join at any time as each class is self-explanatory. No need to book. Classes include 2 guided meditations, short talk, discussion and light refreshments.
£5 per class